Free Biscuit Theatre

Blog of Toronto-based Theatre Company, Free Biscuit Theatre

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Bearing Biscuits

Steph on the Radar!

Here's a Biscuity Recipe I found wandering in Cyberspace. I've been lusting after Choco-mint style baking for a few months now, and I thought I'd share my discoveries in that realm with the world. In all honesty, I haven't tried this formula, but I have faith in Chocolate... and zucchini, apparently. Woot!

My guess is these ones will be somewhat unusual, due to their "health" factor/status. Is this a metaphor for Free Biscuit's art?

peut-etre.

Here goes:

Fudgy Cocoa Mint Cookies
Biscuits - Chocolate - Make this your favorite recipe - Upload a new picture for this recipe

INGREDIENTS

* 3 cups unbleached or whole wheat flour or 1 1/2 cups of each
* 1/4 cup cocoa powder
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons oil
* 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
* 2 1/2 cups finely grated zucchini
* 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
* 1 cup chopped walnuts


METHOD
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.

Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Beat the oil, sweetener, zucchini and peppermint extract together with a mixer. Add the dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Fold in the walnuts. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake for about 12 minutes.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chocolate...plus Zucchini? Sounds unreal! I'm making some cupcakes right now, with the help of ye olde Doctor Oetker. Perhaps I'll have to grab some zucchini on Sunday. Thanks for a delish recipe, Steph.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home